TEM8 IELTS GRE TOEFL
- reimburse: see purse
- reimburse (v.)
- 1610s, from re- "back" + imburse "to pay, enrich," literally "put in a purse" (c. 1530), from Middle French embourser, from Old French em- "in" + borser "to get money," from borse "purse," from Medieval Latin bursa (see purse (n.)). Related: Reimbursed; reimbursing.
- 1. We will reimburse any expenses incurred.
- 2. We'll reimburse you for your travelling expenses.
- 3. The funds are supposed to reimburse policyholders in the event of insurer failure.
- 4. I'll be happy to reimburse you for any expenses you might have incurred.
- 5. You reimburse a person for expenses made for you.
[ reimburse 造句 ]