- intercede (v.)
- 1570s, a back-formation from intercession, or else from Latin intercedere "intervene, come between, be between," from inter- "between" (see inter-) + cedere "go" (see cede). Related: Interceded; interceding.
- 1. It has also asked Britain and the United States to intercede.
- 2. They asked my father to intercede with the king on their behalf.
- 3. He was quickly snubbed when he tried to intercede.
- 4. He had occasionally tried to intercede for me.
- 5. I came to intercede for a young man.
[ intercede 造句 ]