1、sug- "up" + gest- "bring, carry" + -ive.
2、含义：suggest, supply, bring up.
3、最初的字面含义为：heap up, build. 后来演化、引申为：bring forward or bring up an idea, proposal.
4、but original English notion of "evil prompting" is preserved in suggestive (1630s, though the indecent aspect did not emerge until 1888).
- suggestive (adj.)
- 1630s, "conveying a hint," from suggest + -ive. From 1888 specifically as a faintly euphemistic reference to proposals of indecent behavior. Related: Suggestively; suggestiveness.
- 1. Emily turned and threw her a suggestive grin.
- 2. music that is suggestive of warm summer days
- 3. His behaviour was suggestive of a cultured man.
- 4. His suggestive remarks shocked the young lady.
- 5. The speech is very suggestive.
[ suggestive 造句 ]