1. menstru- + -al.
2. => pertaining to menses, of or having monthly courses, the 'monthly' flow of blood from the uterus.
- menstrual:  Etymologically, menstrual means ‘monthly’. It comes from Latin mēnstruālis, an adjective derived from mēnsis ‘month’ (a close relative of English month). From the same source comes menses , originally the plural of Latin mēnsis, and menopause  is based on the related Greek word for ‘month’, mén. Their gynaecological application comes, of course, from the ‘monthly’ flow of blood from the uterus.
=> menopause, month
- menstrual (adj.)
- late 14c., "pertaining to menses," also (in astronomy) "monthly," from Old French menstruel, from Latin menstrualis "monthly," especially "of or having monthly courses," from menstruus "of a month, every month, monthly, pertaining to a month," from mensis "month" (see moon (n.)).
- 1. The average length of a woman's menstrual cycle is 28 days.
- 2. Methods: Menstrual changes of 209 infertile women with endometriosis in hospital were analysed.
- 方法: 对该院209例子宫内膜异位症不孕妇女的月经状况进行了调查分析.
- 3. Clinical bleeding may have menstrual period, or contact bleeding.
- 临床上可有月经期出血, 或接触性出血.
- 4. On average, a woman's menstrual flow lasts 3 to 4 days.
- 平均而言, 女性的月经流量持续3到4天.
- 5. Adjust can menstrual medicine eat together with antiphlogistic medicine?
- 调节月经的药能跟消炎药一起吃 吗 ?
[ menstrual 造句 ]