- nether: see beneath
- nether (adj.)
- Old English niþera, neoþera "down, downwards, below, beneath," from Proto-Germanic *nitheraz (cognates: Old Saxon nithar, Old Norse niðr, Old Frisian nither, Dutch neder, German nieder), from comparative of PIE *ni- "down, below" (cognates: Sanskrit ni "down," nitaram "downward," Greek neiothen "from below," Old Church Slavonic nizŭ "low, down"). Has been replaced in most senses by lower (adj.).
- 1. He was escorted back to the nether regions of Main Street.
- 2. He's between the upper and nether millstone.
- 3. This terracotta army well represents his ambition yet to be realized in the nether - world.
- 4. And he gave her the upper springs, and the nether springs.
- 5. Nether Protection: This ability can now trigger while the Warlock is sitting.
- 虚空防护: 现在术士坐着时可以触发.
[ nether 造句 ]