- n. 调色板；颜料
- n. (Palette)人名；(法)帕莱特
TEM8 GRE TOEFL
1、pal- "stake, wooden post" + -ette.
2、原始含义：flat wooden blade.
- palette (n.)
- 1620s, "flat thin tablet used by an artist to lay and mix colors," from French palette, from Old French palete "small shovel, blade" (13c.) diminutive of pale "shovel, blade," from Latin pala "spade, shoulder blade," probably from PIE *pak-slo-, from root *pag- (see pact). Transferred sense of "colors used by a particular artist" is from 1882.
- 1. Greens and browns are typical of Ribera's palette.
- 2. He picked his brushes and palette.
- 3. David Fincher paints from a palette consisting almost exclusively of grey and mud brown.
- 4. Various dry , muddy smears on the palette confirmed this statement.
- 5. Probably he would lay down his brushes and palette.
[ palette 造句 ]