TEM8 IELTS GRE
panacea 万灵药 “盼那些万灵药”
- panacea (n.)
- "universal remedy," 1540s, from Latin panacea, a herb (variously identified) that would heal all illnesses, from Greek panakeia "cure-all," from panakes "all-healing," from pan- "all" (see pan-) + akos "cure," from iasthai "to heal" (see -iatric). Earlier in English as panace (1510s).
- 1. Membership of the ERM is not a panacea for Britain's economic problems.
- 2. Western aid may help but will not be a panacea.
- 3. There's no single panacea for the country's economic ills.
- 4. No single prospecting technique can be regarded as a panacea.
- 5. No drug or operation is a panacea for all pain.
[ panacea 造句 ]