CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE
1、mon- "alone, only" + -archy.
- monarchy (n.)
- "state ruled by monarchical government," mid-14c.; "rule by one person," late 14c.; from Old French monarchie "sovereignty, absolute power" (13c.), from Late Latin monarchia, from Greek monarkhia "absolute rule," literally "ruling of one," from monos "alone" (see mono-) + arkhein "to rule" (see archon).
- 1. In his diary of 1944 he proclaims unswerving loyalty to the monarchy.
- 2. They were committed to the eventual restoration of a traditional monarchy.
- 3. We are beginning to muddle the extended royal family and the monarchy.
- 4. Twenty-five of his supporters petitioned him to restore the monarchy.
- 5. To them, the monarchy is the special symbol of nationhood.
[ monarchy 造句 ]