- adv. 在…前
- conj. 在…前面
- prep. 在…前
来自短语 on fore. 前缀fore-, 在前，见forearm, 前臂。
- afore (adv.)
- Old English onforan "before, at the beginning of, in front of," from phrase on foran, from on (prep.) + foran (adv.) "in front," dative of for.
In some cases probably it represents Old English ætforan "at-fore." Once the literary equivalent of before, it now has been replaced by that word except in nautical use and in combinations such as aforesaid, aforethought.
- 1. I spread afore him my humble store, like the Bee.
- 2. We're doing our best , afore she comes.
- 3. He should have come afore, if he wanted to stop it, and marry her himself.
- 要是他要拦这门亲事, 想自己娶她,那他就该早回来呀.
- 4. There was no sign of the lass in your cabin afore we shoved off.
- 5. Ad business can use afore - mentioned tools to reduce advertisement cost considerably.
[ afore 造句 ]