- n. （作礼拜时教士的）法衣；官服；祭坛布；礼服；衣服
- vestment: see vest
- vestment (n.)
- c. 1300, from Old French vestment (12c., Modern French vêtement), from Latin vestimentum "clothing, clothes," from vestire "to clothe" (see wear (v.)). Related: Vestments; vestmental.
- 1. The priest wore a purple vestment to conduct the funeral services.
- 2. Cope: a long ecclesiastical vestment worn over an alb or surplice.
- 长袍: 一种传教士所穿的长袍,穿在白长袍或白法衣外面.
- 3. With all the deals last year, in vestment investment banks did well.
- 纵观去年所有交易, 投资银行做得很好.
- 4. A vestment worn by ancient Hebrew priests.
- 5. A long, sleeveless vestment worn over the alb by a priest during services.
[ vestment 造句 ]