1. my- "close" + op- "eye" + -ia.
2. literally "closing the eyes".
3. => near-sightedness, short-sightedness.
- myopia (n.)
- "short-sightedness," 1727, medical Latin, from Late Greek myopia "near-sightedness," from myops "near-sighted," literally "closing the eyes," from myein "to shut" (see mute (adj.)) + ops (genitive opos) "eye" (see eye (n.)).
- 1. Ophthalmic surgeons are now performing laser surgery to correct myopia.
- 2. Maybe you have got myopia, or you are just too tired.
- 3. This occurs as a result of various intraocular diseases such as high myopia.
- 4. The operation treats myopia, the effect how? Can you have sequela?
- 手术治疗近视, 效果怎么样? 会有后遗症 吗 ?
- 5. Yet because volatility remained low for so long, disaster myopia prevailed.
- 然而,由于相当长的时间里波动性小, 灾难短视就获胜了.
[ myopia 造句 ]