- vt. 驾驶，操纵；使通过；航行于
- vi. 航行，航空
TEM4 GRE TOEFL
1、nav- + ig- "drive" + -ate.
2、字面含义：travel by ship, drive by ship.
- navigate (v.)
- 1580s, a back-formation from navigation, or else from Latin navigatus, past participle of navigare. Extended to balloons (1784) and later to aircraft (1901). Related: Navigated; navigating.
- 1. The purpose of the visit was to navigate into an ice-filled fiord.
- 2. This outlook helped her to navigate through her later years with success.
- 3. Most bats navigate by echolocation.
- 4. to navigate by the stars
- 5. Pigeons navigate less accurately when the earth's magnetic field is disturbed.
[ navigate 造句 ]