- palimpsest (n.)
- "parchment from which earlier writing has been removed to clear it for new writing," 1660s, from Latin palimpsestus, from Greek palimpsestos "scraped again," from palin "again" (see palindrome) + verbal adjective of psen "to rub smooth" (of uncertain origin).
- 1. All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary.
- 2. Some of it is lost, as the DNA palimpsest has been erased and re - written.
- 由于DNA的“原手稿本”已经擦拭并重写, 有些信息便遗失了.
- 3. All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed as often as was necessary.
[ palimpsest 造句 ]