- vt. 使化合；使联合，使结合
- vi. 联合，结合；化合
- n. 联合收割机；联合企业
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. 谐音“康柏”：惠普收购合并康柏。=> 合并。
com-, 强调。-bine, 二，词源同two, binary. 即二者合一的。
- combine:  The notion underlying combine is simply ‘two together’. It comes, perhaps via French combiner, from late Latin combīnāre, a compound verb formed from Latin com- ‘together’ and bīnī ‘two at a time’; this Latin adverb was formed from the prefix bi- ‘twice’, and is the basis of English binary.
- combine (n.)
- "machine that cuts, threshes and cleans grain" (short for combine harvester), 1857, from combine (v.).
- combine (v.)
- early 15c., from Middle French combiner (14c.), from Late Latin combinare "to unite, yoke together," from Latin com- "together" (see com-) + bini "two by two," adverb from bi- "twice" (see binary). Related: Combinative; combined; combining.
- 1. I am partial to desserts that combine fresh fruit with fine pastry.
- 2. Combine the flour with 3 tablespoons water to make a paste.
- 3. Combine the remaining ingredients and put them into a dish.
- 4. Carbon, hydrogen and oxygen combine chemically to form carbohydrates and fats.
- 5. I had been looking for ways to combine harmonic and rhythmic struc-tures.
[ combine 造句 ]