- n. 赌注；赌博；赌物
- vi. 打赌
- vt. 下赌注
- n. (Wager)人名；(英)韦杰；(芬、瑞典)瓦格
- wager (n.)
- c. 1300, wajour "a promise, a vow, something pledged or sworn to;" also "a bet, a wager; stakes, something laid down as a bet," from Anglo-French wageure, Old North French wagiere (Old French gagiere, Modern French gageure) "pledge, security," from wagier "to pledge" (see wage (n.)).
- wager (v.)
- c. 1600 (intransitive); 1610s (transitive), from wager (n.). Related: Wagered; wagering.
- 1. A wager is a fool's argument.
- 2. I wager that It'shall be so.
- 3. She was willing to wager that he didn't own the apartment he lived in.
- 4. I am ready to wager a package of cigarettes that he will come.
- 5. I'll wager she'll still make the same impact when she's 70.
[ wager 造句 ]