- adj. 值得注意的，显著的；著名的
- n. 名人，显要人物
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
- notable: see note
- notable (adj.)
- mid-14c., from Old French notable "well-known, notable, remarkable" (13c.) and directly from Latin notabilis "noteworthy, extraordinary," from notare "to note" (see note (v.)). The noun meaning "a person of distinction" is first recorded 1815. Related: Notably; notableness.
- 1. She became quite a notable director in the thirties and forties.
- 2. Several notable researchers are studying the effects of hyperventilation.
- 3. Tuesday's notable gainer was Sony, which reached a high of 9,070 yen.
- 4. There were notable jousts with the Secretary of Commerce.
- 5. The drawing room is particularly notable for its splendid oak panelling.
[ notable 造句 ]