CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
de-, 夺去，损毁。-struct, 建造，词源同structure,destroy.
- destruction (n.)
- early 14c., from Old French destruction (12c.) and directly from Latin destructionem (nominative destructio) "a pulling down, destruction," from past participle stem of destruere "tear down" (see destroy).
- 1. There is worldwide concern about the destruction of the rainforests.
- 2. To that extent they helped bring about their own destruction.
- 3. One eye-witness said the rioters were engaged in an orgy of destruction.
- 4. The destruction of the mosque has provoked anger throughout the Muslim world.
- 5. the destruction of the rainforests
[ destruction 造句 ]