- n. 鸦片制剂；麻醉剂；镇静剂
- adj. 含鸦片的；安眠的
- vt. 用鸦片麻醉；使缓和
- opiate (n.)
- "medicine containing opium," early 15c., from Medieval Latin opiatus, from Latin opium (see opium). Figurative sense of "anything that dulls the feelings" is from 1640s. From 1540s in English as an adjective, "made with or containing opium."
- 1. It was Karl Marx who said, "Religion is the opiate of the people".
- 2. Work no longer could be an opiate anesthetizing him against his feelings and convictions.
- 3. He cannot sleep, not even after taking an opiate.
- 4. Religion isn't the opiate of the masses, fashion is.
- 信仰不是大众的麻醉剂, 但流行时尚是.
- 5. Objective To review the neurochemical substrates of opiate reinforcement.
[ opiate 造句 ]