- vt. 大声喊叫；大声发出
- vi. 吼叫；怒吼；咆哮
- n. 吼叫声；轰鸣声
- n. (Bellow)人名；(英)贝洛
1. bell => bellow.
2. belly (literally "bag") => bellow (通过腹部收缩压出气流而形成的声音、吼声).
来自PIE *bhel-(3), 发声，怒吼，拟声词，同bell.
- bellow (v.)
- apparently from Old English bylgan "to bellow," from PIE root *bhel- (4) "to sound, roar." Originally of animals, especially cows and bulls; used of human beings since c. 1600. Related: Bellowed; bellowing. As a noun from 1779.
- 1. I was distraught and let out a bellow of tearful rage.
- 2. Brown pointed to the compass and Alcock let out a bellow of laughter.
来自英汉非文学 - 百科语料821
- 3. I went to the little lane where I had last seen her plying the bellow's lever.
来自汉英文学 - 中国现代小说
- 4. The yield of crops or the profit of cattle sale usually fell bellow his estimate.
- 5. The yield of crops or the profits of a cattle sale usually fell bellow his estimate.
[ bellow 造句 ]