co-, 强调。-her, 粘结，词源同adhere, hesitate.
- cohere (v.)
- 1590s, from Latin cohaerere "to cleave together," in transferred use, "be coherent or consistent," from com- "together" (see co-) + haerere "to stick" (see hesitation). Related: Cohered; cohering.
- 1. The various elements of the novel fail to cohere.
- 2. The empire could not cohere as a legitimate whole.
- 3. This view does not cohere with their other beliefs.
- 4. The adornments do not cohere with the basic design.
- 5. When you squeeze a handful of snow, the flakes cohere to make a snowball.
- 你把一团雪捏紧, 雪就黏合成雪球.
[ cohere 造句 ]