- n. 宴会，盛宴；宴请，款待
- vt. 宴请，设宴款待
- vi. 参加宴会
- n. (Banquet)人名；(法)邦凯；(西)班克特
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 CET6
1. bank => bench => banquet.
banq, 同bench, 凳子。-et, 小词后缀。原指几个朋友在小凳上吃点心，短暂休息。后词义转为盛大的宴会。
- banquet (n.)
- late 15c., "feast, sumptuous entertainment," from French banquet (15c.; in Old French only "small bench"), from Old Italian banchetto, diminutive of banco "bench;" originally a snack eaten on a bench (rather than at table), hence "a slight repast between meals;" the meaning has entirely reversed. As a verb from 1510s.
- 1. Last night he attended a state banquet at Buckingham Palace.
- 2. The hotel amenities include health clubs, conference facilities, and banquet-ing rooms.
- 3. a state banquet in honour of the visiting President
- 4. The meal that followed was a veritable banquet.
- 5. The banquet is being held in an atmosphere of friendship and cordiality.
[ banquet 造句 ]