1. semin- + -ary.
2. => "plant nursery," figuratively, "breeding ground".
3. => plot where plants are raised from seeds.
4. => school for training priests.
5. => commonly used for any school (especially academies for young ladies).
来自拉丁语 seminarium,育种室，来自 semen,种子，-arium,表地方。后引申词义神学院，即 培养牧师的摇篮。
- seminary (n.)
- mid-15c., "plot where plants are raised from seeds," from Latin seminarium "plant nursery, seed plot," figuratively, "breeding ground," from seminarius "of seed," from semen (genitive seminis) "seed" (see semen). Meaning "school for training priests" first recorded 1580s; commonly used for any school (especially academies for young ladies) from 1580s to 1930s.
- 1. I vacillated for a long time between medicine and seminary.
- 2. Where will you go when the seminary closes?
- 神学院放假后,你打算上哪去 呢 ?
- 3. Many assumed all the privileges of men long before they quitted that seminary.
- 4. George graduated from Bethel Seminary San Diego in 2005.
- 5. When the genocide began in April, we fled to a religious seminary.
- 四月开始种族灭绝行动, 我们逃往一个宗教神学院.
[ seminary 造句 ]