- pectin (n.)
- polysaccharide found in fruit and vegetables, crucial in forming jellies and jams, 1838, from French pectine, coined early 1830s by French chemist Henri Braconnot (1781-1855) from acide pectique "pectic acid," a constituent of fruit jellies, from Greek pektikos "curdling, congealing," from pektos "curdled, congealed," from pegnynai "to make stiff or solid," from PIE root *pag-/*pak- "to join together" (see pact). Related: Pectic.
- 1. The goal of retting is to bring about decomposition of the pectin.
- 2. The pectic substances can be classed protopectins, pectins and pectin acids.
- 果胶物质分成原生质果胶, 果胶和果胶酸.
- 3. In addition, apples contain pectin, which helps to lower cholesterol.
- 另外, 苹果也含有有助降低胆固醇的果胶.
- 4. By - products include essential oils, pectin, candied peel, orange marmalade, and stock feed.
- 其他主要 副产品 有精油 、 果胶 、 陈皮 、 柑果酱和牲畜饲料.
- 5. As to the maximal amplitude ( ma ) pectin was higher than dextron.
[ pectin 造句 ]