- pectoral (adj.)
- 1570s, "pertaining to the breast," from Latin pectoralis "of the breast," from pectus (genitive pectoris) "breast, chest," from PIE root *peg- "breast."
- pectoral (n.)
- early 15c., "ornament worn on the breast," from Middle French pectoral and directly from Latin pectorale "breastplate," noun use of neuter of adjective pectoralis (see pectoral (adj.)).
As a shortened form of pectoral muscle, attested from 1758. Slang shortening pec for this is first recorded 1966. Related: Pectorals; pecs.
- 1. He walked among the displaced contours of her pectoral girdle.
来自英汉非文学 - 科幻
- 2. He could see their wide, flattened, shovel - pointed heads now and their white tipped wide pectoral fins.
来自英汉文学 - 老人与海
- 3. Its are orderly: The head - cervical - two upper limbs - pectoral abdomen - back - two ham - two crus.
- 其顺序为: 头部 - 颈部 - 两上肢 - 胸腹 - 背 - 两大腿 - 两小腿.
- 4. Or at least pectoral fin . But tetrapods, which evolved from fish, did.
- 5. But it's also frustrating not having Darrell Arthur ( pectoral surgery ) here.
- 但是没了达瑞尔亚瑟 ( 手术 ) 也同样让人沮丧.
[ pectoral 造句 ]