来自阿拉伯语 sunniyy,即追随 Sunna 的信徒，来自 Sunna,穆罕默德的传统教义，与成文的《古 兰经》有所差异，字面意思为传统，习惯。
- Sunni (n.)
- 1620s, from Arabic, "adherent of the Sunnah; Muslim who accepts the orthodox tradition as well as the Quran," from Sunna "traditional teachings of Muhammad" (not, like the Quran, committed to writing, but preserved from his lips by his disciples or founded on his actions), literally "way, custom, course, tradition, usage." Related: Sunnite.
- 1. Most of the candidates Mr Maliki is seeking to bar are Sunni.
- 2. Religion: Muslim ( mostly Sunni ) - 94 %; Coptic Christian and other - 6 %.
- 宗教: 穆斯林占94% ( 90%为逊尼派穆斯林 ), 科普特基督教徒及其它宗教占6%.
- 3. Why not split the country into Shia , Sunni and Kurdish statelets?
- 4. Islam is the national religion and all Maldivians are Sunni Muslims.
- 5. The neighborhood was a battleground for Shiite and Sunni militias.
[ Sunni 造句 ]