CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1、versare (vertere的反复体，反复动词：versare，含义：keep turning, turn about often or with force) => vers- + -atile(复合后缀：-ate, -ile).
2、字面含义：one who can turn around easily. => capable of turning to varied subjects or tasks, turning one thing to another easily.
- versatile (adj.)
- c. 1600, "inconstant," from Latin versatilis "turning, revolving, moving, capable of turning with ease to varied subjects or tasks," from past participle stem of versare "keep turning, be engaged in something, turn over in the mind," frequentative of vertere "to turn" (see versus). Meaning "able to do many things well" is from 1762 in English.
- 1. He is sparkling and versatile in front of the camera.
- 2. Never before has computing been so versatile.
- 3. He's a versatile actor who has played a wide variety of parts.
- 4. A versatile person is often good at a number of different things.
- 5. Time is a versatile performer.
[ versatile 造句 ]