- woebegone (adj.)
- c. 1300, in expressions such as me is wo bigone "woe has beset me," from woe + begon "to beset, surround, overwhelm," from Old English began "go over, traverse; inhabit, occupy; surround, beset, overrun;" from be + go.
- 1. She sniffed and looked woebegone.
- 2. Why wear such a woebegone look?
- 3. The parting sadness vanishes slowly, and she is woebegone all day.
- 离愁难消, 她整日愁眉苦脸的.
- 4. Look you are woebegone, what thing?
- 瞧你愁眉苦脸的, 什么事 呀 ?
- 5. Of course, the commodity that we face false bad today still is a pair woebegone.
- 当然, 今天我们面对假劣的商品仍是一副愁眉苦脸.
[ woebegone 造句 ]