常见于习语the real McCoy,真货，真品。词源不详，通常认为是来自苏格兰语the real Mackay,来自苏格兰Glasgow的威干忌公司A.and M.Mackay,据说是来自打假广告词It’s the real McCoy.该姓氏字面意思为Son of Kay.
- as in the real McCoy, 1881, said to be from Scottish the real Mackay (1883), of uncertain origin, though there are many candidates, including whiskey distilled by A. and M. Mackay of Glasgow (the phrase the real McCoy became popular during Prohibition to describe liquor); Charles S. "Kid" McCoy (1872-1940), former welterweight boxing champ; and a claimant for chief of the northern branch of the clan Mackay.
"By jingo! yes; so it will be. It's the 'real McCoy,' as Jim Hicks says. Nobody but a devil can find us there." [James S. Bond, "The Rise and Fall of the Union Club," Yorkville, Canada, 1881]
- 1. Careful how you handle that gun. It's the real McCoy.
- 你摆弄那支枪可要当心. 那是真枪啊.
- 2. Now it is McCoy's turn to defend his right to prosecute the Colonel.
- 3. First - year students work on plastic teeth. Everyone else gets the real McCoy.
- 一年级学生用塑料牙齿进行训练, 其他人则要在真牙上一展身手.
- 4. McCoy : He shapes how wines are made and marketed.
- 5. I prefer leather gloves – the real McCoy, not plastic rubbish.
- 我喜欢皮手套,但要真正的皮货, 不要人造革的垃圾货.
[ McCoy 造句 ]