CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. spec (special -- 特别的、特殊的) => 做投机生意需要特别的推测、思索。
来自拉丁语 speculari,看，观察，来自 specere,看，观察，词源同 spectate,aspect.引申诸相关 词义。
- speculate (v.)
- 1590s, "view mentally, contemplate" (transitive), back-formation from speculation. Also formerly "view as from a watchtower" (1610s). Intransitive sense of "pursue truth by conjecture or thinking" is from 1670s. Meaning "to invest money upon risk for the sake of profit" is from 1785. Related: Speculated; speculating.
- 1. It is premature to speculate about the resumption of negotiations.
- 2. People speculate about virtuality systems, but we're already working on it.
- 3. It's always hard to speculate about the future.
- 4. Well, at present we won't speculate on hypotheticals.
- 5. We should speculate about the purpose of life.
[ speculate 造句 ]