- pluvial (adj.)
- 1650s, "pertaining to rain," from French pluvial (12c.), from Latin pluvialis "pertaining to rain, rainy, rain-bringing," from (aqua) pluvia "rain (water)," from fem. of pluvius "rainy," from plovere "to rain," from PIE root *pleu- "to flow, to swim" (cognates: Sanskrit plavate "navigates, swims;" Greek plynein "to wash," plein "to navigate," ploein "to float, swim," plotos "floating, navigable;" Armenian luanam "I wash;" Old English flowan "to flow;" Old Church Slavonic plovo "to flow, navigate;" Lithuanian pilu, pilti "to pour out," plauju, plauti "to swim, rinse").
- 1. To salute the advent of intellectual economy, must not pluvial silken tassel.
- 为迎接知识经济的到来, 必须未雨绸缨.
- 2. Her name is pluvial alizarin red ( phonic ).
- 她的名字是雨茜 ( 音 ).
- 3. Of estate overheat alarm dispatch is ceaseless, ought to make early answer, not pluvial silken tassel.
- 房地产过热的警讯不断, 应当早作应对, 未雨绸缨.
- 4. But, how to allow pluvial stop doing business, he still does not have a society.
- 可是, 如何让雨停歇, 他还没有学会.
- 5. This city relief is even, earthy layer is deep, pluvial heat as season, illumination is enough.
- 本市地势平坦, 土层深厚, 雨热同季, 光照充足.
[ pluvial 造句 ]