- n. 无赖；流氓；（纸牌中的）杰克
- n. (Knave)人名；(瑞典)克纳弗
- knave (n.)
- Old English cnafa "boy, male servant," common Germanic (cognates: Old High German knabo "boy, youth, servant," German knabe "boy, lad," also probably related to Old English cnapa "boy, youth, servant," Old Norse knapi "servant boy," Dutch knaap "a youth, servant," Middle High German knappe "a young squire," German Knappe "squire, shield-bearer"). The original meaning might have been "stick, piece of wood" [Klein]. Sense of "rogue, rascal" first recorded c. 1200. In playing cards, "the jack," 1560s.
- 1. the knave of clubs
- 2. Once a knave, ever a knave.
- 一次成无赖, 永远是无赖.
- 3. Better be a fool than a knave.
- 4. A crafty knave needs no broker.
- 5. You look a fool at the best, and a knave at worst.
- 你呀,说好呢不过像个傻瓜, 说坏呢不过像个流氓.
[ knave 造句 ]