- potable: see potion
- potable (adj.)
- early 15c., from Old French potable (14c.) and directly from Late Latin potabilis "drinkable," from Latin potare "to drink" (see potion).
- 1. They set up purifying systems in places where the water was not potable.
- 2. Sink plumbed with potable water, plus soap and towels provided for employees.
- 有供应可饮用水的洗手池, 有提供给员工使用的肥皂和手巾.
- 3. Containers are flushed with compressed air or potable water before filling.
- 4. The water heater is not continuously supplied with potable water.
- 5. The potable water expansion tank shall be of drawn steel construction.
[ potable 造句 ]