- adj. 反堕胎的；反对人工流产合法化的；主张保护胎儿权利的
- pro-life (adj.)
- "opposed to abortion," first attested 1976, from pro- + life. Hostile alternative anti-choice attested 1978 in Ms. magazine (see pro-choice).
What hypocrisy to call such anti-humanitarian people 'pro-life.' Call them what they are -- antichoice. ["Ms.," Oct. 8, 1978]
- 1. It is only an Elastoplast solution to a far greater constitutional pro-blem.
- 2. He was at the forefront of the pro-democracy campaign in the country.
- 3. The pro-gramme's researchers are guilty of bias and misrepresentation.
- 4. I'm one of the few that's very pro performance-related pay.
- 5. Rebellions in the area were bloodily repressed by pro-government forces.
[ pro-life 造句 ]