来自法语 sobriquet,来自中古法语 soubriquet,绰号，外号，词源不详。可能来自 sot,愚蠢的， briquette,无赖，恶棍，俚语，原义为小砖头，词源同 brick,砖头，-ette,小词后缀。拼写比较 souvenir.
- sobriquet (n.)
- 1640s, from French sobriquet "nickname," from Middle French soubriquet (15c.), which also meant "a jest, quip," and is said to have meant literally "a chuck under the chin" [Gamillscheg]; of unknown origin (first element perhaps from Latin sub "under").
- 1. From his staff he earned the sobriquet "Mumbles".
- 2. Andrew Jackson was known by the sobriquet " Old Hickory. "
- 安德鲁·杰克生以其绰号“老山胡桃 ” 而知名.
- 3. The dashes looked like ants column; thus, this effect earned the colorful sobriquet marching ants.
- 虚线看上去就像一队蚂蚁, 因此这种效果赢得一个形象绰号,即“行进中的蚂蚁”.
[ sobriquet 造句 ]