- prostate (n.)
- 1640s, from Middle French prostate, from Medieval Latin prostata "the prostate," from Greek prostates (aden) "prostate (gland)," from prostates "leader, ruler, guardian; one standing in front," from proistanai "set before," from pro- "before" (see pro-) + histanai "cause to stand" from PIE root *sta- "to stand" (see stet). So called from its position at the base of the bladder.
- 1. An enlarged prostate does not necessarily mean cancer.
- 2. The tumor in his prostate gland was caught at an early and very likely curable stage.
来自英汉非文学 - 生命科学 - 癌症与艾滋病
- 3. Gonorrhea and other Bacterial infections involving the prostate are treated with antibiotics.
- 4. Louis: No need, I know already. An enlarged prostate.
- 路易士: 不用你说, 我已经知道. 是前列腺肥大.
- 5. Of prostate cancer come on is concentration in which age paragraph?
[ prostate 造句 ]