CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1、dis- "apart, away" + tract-.
2、字面意思为：draw in different directions.
dis-, 分开，散开。-tract, 拉，伸，词源同attract ,contract. 引申词义分心，精神混乱。
- distract (v.)
- mid-14c., "to draw asunder or apart, to turn aside" (literal and figurative), from Latin distractus, past participle of distrahere "draw in different directions," from dis- "away" (see dis-) + trahere "to draw" (see tract (n.1)).
Sense of "to throw into a state of mind in which one knows not how to act" is from 1580s. Related: Distracted; distracting; distractedly; distractedness.
- 1. There was nothing at all in this miserable place to distract him.
- 2. You distract me. I've been distracted since the moment I met you. Because all I can think about is how much I want to kiss you.
- 3. She jabbered away, trying to distract his attention.
- 她喋喋不休, 想分散他的注意力.
- 4. Countryside robbers are learning the ways of the wild west by stampeding cattle to distract farmers before raiding their homes.
- 5. When he arrived back, Tigress was cracking melon seeds to distract herself.
- 回到家中, 虎妞正在屋里嗑瓜子儿解闷呢.
来自汉英文学 - 骆驼祥子
[ distract 造句 ]