来自意大利语 stiletto,小词形式于 stilo,短剑，匕首，来自拉丁语 stilus,尖刺，书写工具，词 源同 style,stylus.引申词义细高跟。
- stiletto (n.)
- 1610s, "short dagger with a thick blade," from Italian stiletto, diminutive of stilo "dagger," from Latin stilus "pointed writing instrument" (see style (n.)). Stiletto heel first attested 1953.
- 1. He snapped the little lock with the blade of his stiletto.
- 2. When he turned the stiletto was in his band.
- 3. Hummingbirds have stiletto - like bills to probe the deepest nectar - bearing flowers.
- 4. Contemporary sterling silver stiletto earrings with links forged to represent connection.
- 5. I don't own a single pair of kitten heels. I'm definitely a stiletto fan.
- 我一双中跟鞋都没有, 我绝对是个高跟鞋的粉丝.
[ stiletto 造句 ]