- n. 四方院子；四胞胎之一；嵌条；成套的四件东西
- n. (Quad)人名；(英)奎德
1. as a shortening of quadrangle, quadruplet, etc.
- quad: see quarter
- 1820 as a shortening of quadrangle (n.) in the building sense (in this case "quadrangle of a college," Oxford student slang); 1880 as short for quadrat (n.); 1896 as quadruplet (n.), originally "bicycle for four riders;" later "one of four young at a single birth" (1951, of armadillos); 1970 as quadraphonic (adj.). Related: Quads.
- 1. His rooms were on the left-hand side of the quad.
- 2. That evening I went across the quad to visit Collins.
- 3. The front quad, where I lived, was floored and tented.
- 4. Goblet cells ( blue ) scattered throughout simple columnar epithelial lining ( special quad stain ).
- 杯状细胞 ( 蓝色 ) 散在分布于单层柱状上皮内.
- 5. The physics department sits across the quad from the library.
[ quad 造句 ]