- vt. 收回；恢复；偿还；扣除
- vi. 获得补偿；请求扣除
1. coupon => recoup.
来自法语 recouper,砍下，来自 re-,向后，往回，-coup,砍，切，词源同 coup,coupon,cope.原义 为减少成本，弥补损失，后用于指收回成回。
- recoup (v.)
- 1620s, from French recouper "to cut back" (12c.), from Old French re- "back" (see re-) + couper "to cut," from coup "a blow" (see coup). Originally a legal term meaning "to deduct;" sense of "to recompense for loss or expense" first recorded 1660s. Related: Recouped; recouping.
- 1. Insurance companies are trying to recoup their losses by increasing premiums.
- 2. We hope to recoup our initial investment in the first year.
- 3. It took the firm five years to recoup its losses.
- 4. I will recoup you for any money you spend.
- 5. Now, it is trying to recoup some of those costs.
- 现在, 公司希望能弥补(recoup)一些损失.
[ recoup 造句 ]