- n. [物][生化] 色素；颜料
- vt. 给…着色
- vi. 呈现颜色
IELTS GRE TOEFL
1、ping- "paint" => pig- + -ment => pigment.
- pigment: see picture
- pigment (n.)
- late 14c., from Latin pigmentum "coloring matter, pigment, paint," figuratively "ornament," from stem of pingere "to color, paint" (see paint (v.)). Variants of this word could have been known in Old English (compare 12c. pyhmentum). As a verb from 1900. Related: Pigmented; pigmenting.
- 1. He makes his own paint, grinding up the pigment with a little oil.
- 2. Certain pigment colours were painted on to dry plaster using tempera (where egg yolk is used to fix the pigment).
- 3. Similarly, any pigment nevus that is chronically irritated should be excised.
- 同样, 凡是经常受慢性刺激的各种色素痣切勿予以切除.
- 4. Bacteria or bile pigment may serve as a nidus for crystal formation.
- 5. When highly purified, the red - absorbing form of the pigment is blue - green.
- 如果高度提纯, 这种色素的红光吸收型是蓝绿色的.
[ pigment 造句 ]