1. fidelity => fealty (古法语变体).
- fealty: see faith
- fealty (n.)
- c. 1300, feaute, from Old French feauté, earlier fealte, "loyalty, fidelity; homage sworn by a vassal to his overlord; faithfulness," from Latin fidelitatem (nominative fidelitas) "faithfulness, fidelity," from fidelis "loyal, faithful" (see fidelity).
- 1. He swore fealty to the king.
- 2. He swore fealty to his lord.
- 3. Round many western islands have I been Which Bards in fealty to Apollo hold.
来自英汉 - 翻译样例 - 文学
- 4. He took an oath of fealty to the king.
- 5. Though swearing fealty to Osama bin Laden, he had indeed started to become his rival.
- 尽管宣誓效忠本拉登, 但扎卡维真正的出发点却是成为拉登的竞争者.
[ fealty 造句 ]