- n. 鼻涕；口水；糊涂话
- vi. 淌口水；流鼻涕；说傻话
- vt. 浪费
来自PIE*dher, 使泥泞，污浊，词源同dregs, dross. 引申义流鼻涕，胡说，废话。
- drivel (n.)
- early 14c., drevel "saliva, slaver," from drivel (v.). Meaning "idiotic speech or writing" is from 1852.
- drivel (v.)
- Old English dreflian "to dribble or run at the nose, slobber," from Proto-Germanic *drab-, from PIE *dher- (1) "to make muddy, darken." Meaning "to speak nonsense" is mid-14c. Related: Driveling, drivelling.
- 1. What absolute drivel!
- 2. How can you watch that drivel on TV?
- 3. I have never heard such silly drivel in all my life.
- 4. She is still writing mindless drivel.
- 5. Xiangzi couldn't bear to listen to this drivel.
来自汉英文学 - 骆驼祥子
[ drivel 造句 ]