来自拉丁语 relinquere,留下，留给，来自 re-,向后，往回，linquere,留下，留给，词源同 delinquency,relic.引申诸相关词义。
- relinquish: see relic
- relinquish (v.)
- mid-15c., "desert, abandon;" late 15c., "give up, desist," from Old French relinquiss-, present participle stem of relinquir (12c.), from Latin relinquere "leave behind, forsake, abandon, give up," from re- "back" (see re-) + linquere "to leave," from PIE *linkw-, from root *leikw- "to leave behind" (cognates: Sanskrit reknas "inheritance, wealth," rinakti "leaves;" Greek leipein "to leave;" Gothic leihvan, Old English lænan "to lend;" Old High German lihan "to borrow;" Old Norse lan "loan"). Related: Relinquished; relinquishing.
- 1. He does not intend to relinquish power.
- 2. He was forced to relinquish control of the company.
- 3. He was forced to relinquish control of the company.
- 4. They will never voluntarily relinquish their independence.
- 5. They had to relinquish their position to the enemy.
[ relinquish 造句 ]