- repast:  The closest English relative of repast is not past but pasture. It was borrowed from Old French repast, a derivative of repaistre ‘feed’. This in turn went back to late Latin repascere ‘feed again’, a compound verb formed from the prefix re- ‘again’ and pascere ‘feed’ (whose past participial stem formed the basis of English pasture).
- repast (n.)
- late 14c., from Old French repast (Modern Frech repas) "a meal, food," from Late Latin repastus "meal" (also source of Spanish repasto, noun use of past participle of repascere "to feed again," from Latin re- "repeatedly" (see re-) + pascere "to graze" (see pastor). The verb (intransitive) is from late 15c.
- 1. We ate of the rich repast.
- 2. REPAST, an open source Multi - Agent Based Simulation ( MABS ) platform was introduced.
- 介绍了开放源代码的多Agent仿真 ( MABS ) 平台REPAST及 其应用现状.
- 3. 'Have you finished your repast, friend?'
- “ 点心吃完了么, 朋友? ”
来自英汉文学 - 双城记
- 4. During the repast, she had occasion to speak severed times.
- 吃饭的时刻, 她才得空好几次开口说话.
- 5. Breakfast at our house is a light repast.
[ repast 造句 ]