- adj. 威严的；奥林匹克竞赛的；奥林匹斯山的
- n. 奥运会选手
- Olympian (adj.)
- "of or belonging to Olympus," c. 1600; see Olympic + -ian. The noun meaning "a great god of ancient Greece" is attested from 1843, from Late Latin Olympianus, from Greek Olympios "pertaining to Olympus;" sense of "one who competes in the (modern) Olympic Games" is from 1976.
- 1. The importance of being an Olympian will vary from athlete to athlete.
- 2. Getting his book into print has been an Olympian task in itself.
- 3. Even when those around her panic she always maintains an Olympian calm.
- 4. Statues and temples are everywhere, but above them all shines the temple of Olympian Zeus.
- 雕像和神庙比比皆是.其间,熠熠发光的奥林匹亚宙斯神庙高耸突兀, 睥睨四邻.
来自英汉非文学 - 百科语料821
- 5. But Zeus, the chief of the Olympian gods, gave law to mankind as his greatest present.
[ Olympian 造句 ]