来自中古法语 trufle,块菌，置换自拉丁语 tufera,来自 tuber,块茎，可食根，来自 PIE*teue,鼓 起，膨胀，词源同 tuber,tumid.
- truffle:  English acquired truffle, probably via Dutch truffel, from early modern French truffle, a derivative of Old French truffe (which survives as the modern French term for the fungus). This in turn came via Provençal trufa from a Vulgar Latin *tūfera, an alteration of the plural of Latin tūber ‘swelling, lump, tuber, truffle’ (from which English gets tuber  and tuberculosis ). The term was first used for a chocolate sweet with the external appearance of a truffle in the 1920s.
=> tuber, tuberculosis
- truffle (n.)
- type of edible underground fungus, 1590s, from Middle French trufle (14c.), probably from Old Provençal trufa, metathesized from Late Latin tufera (plural), cognate of Latin tuber "edible root." Another theory notes Italian tartuffo (Milanese tartuffel) "potato," supposedly from terræ tuber. Extended 1926 to powdered, round chocolates that look like truffles.
- 1. Heat oil in wok, quick stir the black truffle paste until aromatic.
- 烧热油镬, 快手炒香黑松露酱.
- 2. Truffle mushrooms are plentiful in the southwest Algeria desert.
- 3. Smooth tannins texture , concentrated black fruits , truffle, chocolate and vanilla oak taste.
- 丹宁圆润, 充满浓郁的黒松露 、 巧克力和香草橡木味道.
- 4. How about a rose or violet truffle?
- 来一块玫瑰或紫罗兰香味的巧克力糖 如何 ?
- 5. The pig nuzzled the truffle.
[ truffle 造句 ]