- vi. 旋转；循环出现；反复考虑
- vt. 使…旋转；使…循环；反复考虑
- n. 旋转；循环；旋转舞台
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
- revolve (v.)
- late 14c., "to change direction, bend around, turn (the eyes) back," from Old French revolver and directly from Latin revolvere "roll back, unroll, unwind; happen again, return; go over, repeat," from re- "back, again" (see re-) + volvere "to roll" (see volvox). In 15c., "to turn over (in the mind or heart), meditate." Meaning "travel around a central point" first recorded 1660s (earlier "cause to travel in an orbit around a central point," mid-15c.). Related: Revolved; revolving.
- 1. Mars takes longer to revolve on its axis than the earth.
- 2. Mars takes longer to revolve on its axis than the earth.
- 3. The planets revolve around the sun.
- 4. Planets revolve about the sun and rotate on their axis.
- 5. The wheels began to revolve slowly.
[ revolve 造句 ]