- adj. 旋转的，转动的；轮流的
- n. 旋转式机器；[动力] 转缸式发动机
CET6 TEM4 CET4 考 研
来自拉丁语 rota,轮子，来自 PIE*ret,旋转，转动，词源同 round,roll,rotate.
- rotary (adj.)
- 1731, from Medieval Latin rotarius "pertaining to wheels," from Latin rota "a wheel, a potter's wheel; wheel for torture," from PIE root *ret- "to run, to turn, to roll" (cognates: Sanskrit rathah "car, chariot;" Avestan ratho; Lithuanian ratas "wheel," ritu "I roll;" Old High German rad, German Rad, Dutch rad, Old Frisian reth, Old Saxon rath, Old Irish roth, Welsh rhod "carriage wheel"). The international service club (founded by Paul P. Harris in Chicago in 1905) so called from the practice of clubs entertaining in rotation. Hence Rotarian (1911).
- 1. A rotary telephone has a wheel with holes for each number.
- 2. Invented in 1951, the rotary engine is a revolutionary concept in internal combustion.
- 3. The central unit is a rotary drum.
- 4. A control system for a new diesel rotary distributor pump is here introduced.
- 5. The Lead Pump is usually of the simple rotary design which requires little attention.
[ rotary 造句 ]