- n. 香蕉；喜剧演员；大鹰钩鼻
- n. (Banana)人名；(葡、津)巴纳纳
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
banana 香蕉 “白拿(了)那些香蕉，谁不拿”
- banana:  Banana comes from a West African language – possibly Wolof, a language of the Niger-Congo family, spoken in Senegal and the Gambia. The original European discoverers of the word – and the fruit – were the Spanish and Portuguese, who passed them on to England. The term bananas ‘mad’ is 20th-century, but its origins are obscure; some have compared banana oil, a 20th-century slang term for ‘mad talk, nonsense’.
- banana (n.)
- 1590s, borrowed by Spanish or Portuguese from a West African word, possibly Wolof banana. The plant was introduced to the New World from Africa in 1516. Top banana, second banana, etc. are 1950s, from show business slang use of banana for "comedian, especially in a burlesque show." Banana split first attested 1920. Banana oil "nonsense" is slang from c. 1910.
- 1. These companies are determined to keep a stranglehold on the banana industry.
- 2. Cut the banana in half lengthways.
- 3. Cut out the banana oil ; flattery will get you nowhere!
- 别花言巧语了, 吹捧 是不会使你捞到好处的!
- 4. The boy skinned the banana.
- 5. I slipped on a banana skin.
[ banana 造句 ]