来自拉丁语domus, 家，词源同domain. 即一家之主的，专断的。
- domineer (v.)
- 1580s, from Dutch domineren "to rule" (16c.), from Middle French dominer, from Latin dominari "to rule, 'lord' it over" (see domination). Shakespeare's usage is not the earliest in English. Related: Domineering.
- 1. Big boys sometimes domineer their younger brothers and sisters.
- 2. He tried to domineer over everyone.
- 3. Big boys sometimes domineer over the younger pupils.
- 4. I wouldn't work for someone who tries to domineer over everyone as Mr , Smith does.
[ domineer 造句 ]