1. shed, scissor => schiz- / schizo- "split".
2. schizo- + phren- "mind" + -ia.
schizo-,分开，分裂，-phren,大脑，脑部，词源同 phrenetic,frantic,frenetic.-ia,表疾病。引申词 义精神分裂症。
- schizophrenia:  Schizophrenia means literally ‘split mind’. It is a Latinized version of German schizophrenie, coined in 1910 by E Bleuler from Greek skhízein ‘split’ (source of English schism and schist) and phrén ‘mind’ (source of English frantic and phrenology).
=> frantic, phrenology, schism
- schizophrenia (n.)
- 1912, from Modern Latin, literally "a splitting of the mind," from German Schizophrenie, coined in 1910 by Swiss psychiatrist Eugen Bleuler (1857-1939), from Greek skhizein "to split" (see schizo-) + phren (genitive phrenos) "diaphragm, heart, mind," of unknown origin.
- 1. Schizophrenia is not a "split mind" as is popularly believed.
- 2. One of the most common symptoms of schizophrenia is hearing imaginary voices.
- 3. Susan had a mental breakdown and was diagnosed with schizophrenia.
- 4. Despite its prevalence, schizophrenia has existed behind a wall of secrecy for years.
- 5. Before the mid - 1950 s, a diagnosis of schizophrenia was a life sentence without a possibility of parole.
- 五十年代 中期 以前, 一个人若被诊断患有精神分裂症,就等于被判了无期徒刑而终无出狱的希望.
[ schizophrenia 造句 ]